vacuum leaks and misfire

Subject: vacuum leaks and misfire
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:44:27 +1200
Hi,

I had my car dyno tuned the other day and it was running very well, with
good throttle response and a steady idle. Something has changed and it now
hunts or misfires a bit at idle (the engine seems to shake a bit more) and
at steady speeds the car surges and misfires slightly. If I accelerate from
a steady speed it misses for a bit, and then clears up and pulls strongly as
the revs rise.

Does this indicate a vacuum leak? I've concluded this as the misfire seems
to go away when the throttle is wide open causing the inlet manifold vacuum
to drop.

Any ideas/comments?

> .-->

Simon Sparrow