Re: SD1 Ser2 Electic Mirrors & Pilot Bush Questions

To: "Andrew McKenzie" <andmaca@tig.com.au>,
Subject: Re: SD1 Ser2 Electic Mirrors & Pilot Bush Questions
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 11:12:25 +1000
Andrew McKenzie asked:

>What is the least difficult way of removing a
> pilot bush in a '82 Rover 3.5L V8 that originally ran a BW66 auto box?

I've heard of but never tried the following method.

Fill the bush hole with heavy oil (90wt?).  Push the input shaft into the
bush and the hydraulic pressure will push the bush out.

If this works, I be tempted to turn up a dummy shaft to hit in with a
hammer to shock the bush out.

If it does work, let me know.

Regards,

Ron Beckett
Editor / Webmaster, LandRover Owners Club of Australia
Webmaster/Database Manager, Hillman Owners Club of Australia
check my web site http//www.users.bigpond.com/hillman