Re: p76 pistons

To: pkent@skynet.net.au
Subject: Re: p76 pistons
From: Daryl Webb <dwebb@schooner.waite.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:39:53 +0930 (CST)
According to Peter Kent:
> I have measured a 3.5 litre P5B (10.5/1 comp) piston, it's compression
> height was 1.865"

> Simon your are absolutely right, I made a typo. It should have been
> 1.875" for the P76 piston compression height (0.010" more than the Rover
> piston). Sorry for the comfusion.

Whilst I havent had the opportunity to "cc" them in situ rough benchtop
calculation indicate thet the 8.13:1 rover piston will duplicate the
9.0:1 CR of the stock P76 piston in the P76.

Whilst the compression height of the P76 piston is higher the bowl in the
top of the piston is a lot bigger than the rover one.

P.S. Jan, you stuff has at least migrated from the back of the shed to
the front, so there is hope yet :-(

cheers

daryl webb (dwebb@waite.adelaide.edu.au)