Heat

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heat
From: mikshdik@ozemail.com.au (Mike)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:26:39 +1000 (EST)
Today was the  first  real day of  Summer and out in Sydney's  West  it
got   up  to around 30 deg  celsius  (that's  86 deg F).   Over winter  I
anticipated the heat and wrapped the exhaust of my  Rover P6B from  the
junction of the  extractors to the  expansion chamber.I thought that this
should have protected  the gear  box and tunnel.  Today,however,  I almost
needed  fireman's gloves  to  shift gears or operate  the hand brake.  You
could fry eggs  in either  ash tray  atop the tunnel. Please does anybody
have any thoughts on dissipating heat on a hot day. For what  it's worth,
the engine remained at its proper working temperature  and the recently
rebuilt box is full of oil and has a new pump.

Thanks

Mike