To Oliver

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: To Oliver
From: "Dave Robertson" <Dave@ghboats.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:26:50 -0700
Hey Ollie,

The article in Hot Rod is August 1975, it had detailed information
on the bore/stroke operation.The article also mentions Phil Baker
as one of the noted authorities on getting max power fron the alloy
motor. Well, I called that number and Phil is still around and
working on motors. his son, Ray, is now actually taking over the
shop and does most of the work. They are both very knowledgeable
and pleasant to work with. Ray is an exceptional machinist. You
should see the V-12 he made by cutting and welding two buick
215's in thirds and splicing them back together. I about fell over
when I saw a the block on his bench and started counting cylinders.

So anyway ray and phil are assisting me in the construction of my
engine. Oh yeah, by the way we are also using the big valve alloy
heads from a '64 300 cast iron motor. Best guess is that this motor
will generate 300-325 hp at 6000 rpm. About 1 hp per
pound..WOW. Kinda nice that they live only about an hour's drive
from here.

Dave Robertson

Dave