alloy in 32 chevy - Reply

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: alloy in 32 chevy - Reply
From: Dan Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:05:34 -0500
Dave,

Sounds like an interesting project.  What kind of manifold are
you going to use to feed all those cubes?

My 215 lived it's previous life in a '32 Ford street rod.  It
was originally done up in an all aluminum theme - silver
paint, aluminum engine, Toyota 5 speed (actually the strong
one with the cast iron case painted silver), rare aluminum
Olds W-30 (?) rear end, etc.  The second owner eventually
yanked the driveline and replaced it with the typical Chevy
350/TH350/Ford 8".  It sat in his garage until I came along.

BTW, it came with some nice fabricated motor mounts to
fit a '32 Ford.  Anyone got a use for them?

Later,
Dan Jones

>>> "Dave Robertson" <Dave@ghboats.com> 09/27 9:28 pm >>>
Hoydy everyone

I stumbled on this network  after a lot of searching...I knew there
was information about this engine and am glad to find it.

I am building a 32 chev street rod and have a built 215 for power. it
has the 300 crank and the block is sleeved and bored to result in
305 cu.in. The engine is backed with a saginaw 4 speed with ford
9" rear and mustnag front suspension. The engine should be ready
to fire up for the first time in about 3 weeks. I think this car should

go fairly quick..

So where can I find a nice set of shiny aluminum valve covers that
won't cost me more than the rest of the engine???

Dave Robertson