Re: Trumph V8s

To: <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Trumph V8s
From: adh@an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 98 07:19 EDT
"From: "Glen Wilson" <GlenWilson@worldnet.att.net>
"
"what I've read, the Triumph 3 litre V8 was a nice engine if cared for
"properly.  Unfortunately, few seem to have been cared for properly and a lot

one major weakness the triumph/saab four had which i believe the v8
shared was the timing chain.  my family had two '71 saabs and both
succumbed to chain problems, one expensively.  saab took production
internal for '72 and one of the first things they changed was the
chain, from single to double-row.  triumph did also in '76 or '77 on
their fours, but i think the v8 was gone by that time.
Andrew Hay                              there is nothing more fulfilling
internet rambler                        than doing a good deed in secret
adh@an.bradford.ma.us                   and then being discovered