Re: Rover/Buick V8 reciepient autos

To: <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, "Curt and Amy"
Subject: Re: Rover/Buick V8 reciepient autos
From: lark@world.std.com (Lar Kaufman)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:36:01 -0400
Curt says:
> What about a GT6 or a Spitfire??  I have one of both and a couple spare
> Rover V8s, and I think I would only tackle the GT6.
> Any suggestions, experience, or hell nos, are all wellcome.

I subscribed to Grass Roots Motorsports magazine in part because of a
superb series they are currently running on fitting a Mazda rotary engine
to a Spitfire for racing.  Their attention to the detail of the mods
required is most instructive, and full of tossed-off track lore that
I expect to use myself.  For example, their car will use a BMW 320i "fuel
pack", a compact unit with high pressure fuel pump and built-in fuel
filter housing, to minimize weight and facilitate servicability, at a
cost (used) of $75.  The series would also guide a reader through all
the issues involved in fitting a Rover V8 into a Spitfire or similar
vehicle.

Grass Roots Motorsports is also where I read a pretty good article about
a competition racer MGB GT V8, complete with sources and interesting
asides.  (The MGB GT V8 was a production model, and now the U.S. federal
emissions restrictions on it are expiring, allowing unrestricted mods...)

 -lar
 Lar Kaufman        | "It's bad enough to see yourself as the world is seeing
 Polymedia Services | you now.  To see yourself as the world saw you in the
 Concord, Mass.     | immediate past is to see yourself tantalizingly beyond
 lark@walden.com    | any hope of redemption." - Roy Blount Jr.