Re: Mini Spares Center adjustable belt timing setup for A

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Mini Spares Center adjustable belt timing setup for A
From: "Neil Sherry" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:31:10 -0000
No, it communicates through to the back of the belt housing casting and from
there through into the engine block. The hole in that fitting is pretty
small though.

I have a blown Sprite with the belt drive. I have a breather running from
the back of the rocker cover, and another as high as I could get it on the
side of the sump. I cut one of the separator cans off an original A-series
timing chain cover and welded it into the side of the sump. The sump is
baffled and I haven't had any problems. The breather from the timing belt
housing is also present.

I have also fitted a 'proper' seal to the rear main, no leaks from there!

Neil