RE: L-R Discovery

To: "'Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com'" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: RE: L-R Discovery
From: Paul Garside <Paul.Garside@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:04:07 +0100
Jay,

I didn't see your mail. I had a 2.5 TDi (diesel) Disco for 2 1/2 years. I
sold it two years ago with 130,000 miles on the clock. I can honestly say it
was one of the nicest cars I have ever owned.

It was very comfortable and would thrash back from the South of France in 90
degree temperatures with 4 people, luggage for 2 weeks and 40 litres of wine
at 85 mph all day and still give 35mpg. A lot more driven normally. It was
only unhappy on ice, probably because of its bulk, but in snow it was good.

I did about 50,000 miles in it. I had a workshop manual and looked after it
myself, which was easy because with 28" wading capability you don't need
ramps to crawl under it to lubricate the UJs, axle, T/M and the swivels. It
only broke down once, with a freak failure of the clutch actuator arm so I
couldn't de-clutch. I still drove it home without a clutch.

A great car: I only sold it because it was getting old and starting to
suffer from anodic corrosion (or whatever) and lose value.

Paul.