More on the hunt for Dad's TR

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More on the hunt for Dad's TR
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 11:12:47 -0500
Many thanks to all the people have given help so far.

I dug up an old insurance form from 1975.  It lists Dad's old 1968 TR4A's
commision number as:  CTL 713641   This obviously isn't right.  I don't know
if it is a typo, or if it really was titled under that number, but I figure
it is really supposed to be CTC 71364 L.  What do you think?  Anybody know if
it is out there? (people with VTR lists that is)

If not, do you think I would have any luck contacting the Tennessee DOT or
DMV  (whatever their version is down there) for records that old?  I'm sure a
7 year old, slightly wrecked TR-4A didn't attract a lot of buyers back in 75.
 It might still be in that dentist's backyard in Chattanooga.

Thanks in advance
Scott Tilton   1963 TR-4  CT 12808 L   R.I.P.  (I killed it.  I'm so sorry.)
                     1964 TR-4 CT 25543 L  gonna be a beauty some day
                     1963 TR-4 CT 15717 L  but titled as "64CT20413"
  mystery car
and a TR-4A parts car that I got for free!