Re: TR4 seat refurbishing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 seat refurbishing
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 11:12:45 -0500
The other day Charlie Farwell wrote:

>       Has anyone got any advice for a novice about to embark on
>       refurbishing early TR4 seats. I've got the covers and hairlock
>       pads, which came with no instructions, grrrr.

>       After a few phone calls, though, I think I'm ready to embark.
>       I just thought I'd query the net to see if there are any major
>       gotcha's or warnings like "DON'T DO IT", "take it to the trim
>       shop", or others.

>Thanks,
>Charlie Farwell
>1962 TR4 #CT3852L

Sorry, I'm one step behind you!

I've got the seat pans blasted, welded up and painted.  I've got the Moss
kit.  I even got those weird split rivots to hold the wooden tack strips in
place.

Now I have to somehow make the wooden tack strips.  Did you have to do this?

Where'd you get the hairloc pads and how much did they cost?  I was just
going to try using foam and cotton batting for pads.

I took the seats and kits to an upholstery shop like the article in British
Car magazine suggested.  But the guy wanted a couple hundred per seat to
install them.  Yeah right!!!  When monkeys fly out of my butt!!!

Don't know what kind of help we're gonna get here on the infosuperhighway,
but I am desparate to get these suckers done!

Sorry I'm not any help.
Misery loves company.

Scott Tilton