McLaren

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: McLaren
From: igeta@ars.ntt.jp (Kazuhiro IGETA)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 00:10:42 +0900
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>

I noticed a short story on television last night (I recall it was on
TNN) about the new McLaren (am I spelling it correctly?) road car.
It's based on the McLaren Formula 1 series, and is now available in
"street legal" form. I presume it's a british car (?) since the film
of the car was shot in the U.K.

  I think it is not Mclaren but named "Rocket".

  The designer is Gordon Marley(am I spelling it correctly?) of Mclaren.

  But powered by Yamaha(motor bike engine!) instead of M tuned BMWV12 of
  Mclaren F1(not formura 1):-)

  There is a dealer in Japan and at least one car is road registered.

   minilite aeroquip quaife weber ap lockeed kugelfischer vanderbell bosch sa
   c Kazuhiro IGETA : NTT Basic Research Laboratories, Atsugi-shi Kanagawa  c
   osworth powermax burton sachs spax iskenderian cibie twr mitsuba kenlow lu