McLaren

To: BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net
Subject: McLaren
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 10:20:38 -0400 (EDT)
I noticed a short story on television last night (I recall it was on TNN) about
the new McLaren (am I spelling it correctly?) road car. It's based on the
McLaren Formula 1 series, and is now available in "street legal" form. I
presume it's a british car (?) since the film of the car was shot in the U.K.

Among the features are a driving position in the center of the car, a seat
that is custom built for the owner, pedals that are measured/fitted and custom
installed for an exact "dead ahead" location, and performance that is reported
equal to a Formula 1 car.

Does anyone know where I can find a McLaren dealer in New England? The price of
the car seemed very reasonable, at only $2m. I wonder if they'd take a TD in
trade?

                                Doug

* Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)/Williamstown, MA/ '52 MG TD *