TR6 mechanical questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 mechanical questions
From: au440@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kieran Donahue)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 1994 19:34:18 -0400
    I am in the process of trying to figure out how to restore
the front end on my car.  I have a 1970 TR6.  What is the best
way to compress the spring on the front end?  How do I take it
out when I do this?  The manual isn't too clear and I am not a
great mechanic either.
    I have also been looking where I can purchase the Vrederstin
brand tires for my car.  I have heard that they sell for $65
which is right in my price range.  Would I be better off with
Avons?  They cost $100.
    Does anyone know where I can get a frame piece?  I am missing
the cross piece that goes right under the fan and connects to the
radiator.  I would also like to find a hardtop.  Maybe someone
can tell me what it is worth?
    Thanks for any help!

--
Kieran D. au440