Mini Questions; Car Insurance

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini Questions; Car Insurance
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 94 08:25:00 -0500
WRT sgal@ukc.ac.uk's queries about carbies for 1275 Mini,
I think that if the intake manifold is the same as on the
spridgets, H<S>6's won't work because the mountings for the
"S" seires carbs are four bolt. I think the mounting bolt
pattern needs to be two bolts straight up and down. This
particular pattern will be found H2's, and H4's. My TR4A
has H6's, but they are four bolt. Seems that Vizard suggests
HIF's, (but, then, it's been awhile since I have refered
to Vizard.) And, it seems to me that the HIF4's on my B
are also four bolts. So, Steve, beg, borrow, or acquire
a copy of Vizard's book on tuning the A series engine.

WRT Marcus Tooze's request for car insurance: I have
my TR4A insured through Condon and Skelly (800.257.9496)
Limited miles, garaged, etc. Their minimum rate is US$50.
At one time, both my TR and '67 spridget were insured for
$50 for the year! (the spridet is gone.) I believe J.C.
Taylor is similar.

Alan