Re: kids and LBCs (was Re: New Arrival)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: kids and LBCs (was Re: New Arrival)
From: "Eric Olson" <ERIC@chip.cba.ufl.edu>
Date: 24 Jan 94 07:26:09 EST
Scott Fisher wrote...
> Now, of course, you'll have to figure out a way to put the kid
> seat into the LBC... I took Torrey to preschool for some three
> years as the passenger in my M.G.

I recall this, especially one post you made about her first "Spitcar"
sighting.  This particularly tickled me because my son Christopher
was amused by the presence of the word "Spit" in his '80 Spitfire
when I bought it for him.  (Bought it for him?!?!  Yep, buy now and
save big $$$ :-)  Plus, I get to drive it for ten years or so!

He's now 8.5, and looking forward to driving his car.  He really
loves it, washes and waxes it, and even assists me with repairs.
I've got a couple of friends with *seriously* warped ideas of what
makes a sports car (they own Hondas).  It's really fun to watch
Christopher defend his Spitfire's honor in a fierce battle of words
against them.

Now I just need to con my wife into letting me buy a couple more LBCs
for my two little girls!

Eric

Eric Olson                                      eric@chip.cba.ufl.edu
Dir. Instructional & Research Computing      eeco@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu
UF College of Business Admin                      (904) 392-6869x1267