turn signal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: turn signal
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 08:28:41 CST
The Great Thaw hit IL., and temps. reached a heady mid-30's. Of course,
I donned my knotted hanky, rolled up my trousers and went outside
to bask in the sun and put a few more bits together on the midget.

I replaced the turn signal assembley because on the old one the
lever wouldn't stick in position. The 'new' one (junk yard) did stay clicked
in position, however, neither turn signal would now operate, nor would the
 flash or high beam work....the hazard warning works and so do the headlights
on low beam. Am I correct in thinking this is possibly a duff replacement
switch? I was thinking maybe all the contacts were dirty after siting
in some yard for x years....should I cleam them with a bit of emery paper?

I put the drivers side seat in and it began to look more like its old self
again.
I'm having the local inport garage tinker with the carbs to get her started
later this week...I can't face the pain of frost bitten fingers any longer.
As soon as shes going, I will drive her round to a friends garage to finally
weld in the new floor pan and inner rocker panel if all goes well. I'm going
to leave the passenger door hinge for the moment.

Marcus