Mouses vs. upholstery

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mouses vs. upholstery
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 10:16:05 -0500 (EST)
In the frozen northlands (CA dwellers may delete, except those in Anaheim,
who may have a worse problem than me) mice may try to make a home in your
lovingly stored lbc.  I am told that they particularly enjoy nests in the
heater ducts made of chewed up upholstery and carpet.

Last year, I put a couple of classic spring traps on the carpets, but the
cheese and peanut butter must be unappetizing after a week or so.
Besides, I forgot to take them out before my first spring drive.
Both triggered and leapt into the air when I hit the first bump; surprise!
This year, I have bought special adhesive traps, but don't trust the
adhesive to catch mousies when it is cold.

So far, no problems, but I do have nightmares in which mice, their mouths
full of carpet, play a significant part.  How do others deal with this?

Ray (No friend of Mickey and Minnie) Gibbons