MGB springs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB springs
From: "Bryan Blackwell" <bryan@corsa.mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 08:29:58 -0400
Scott writes:

> For starters, I would build them with an I-beam from the axle forward.
> This would give a rigid suspension member effect, as the I would resist
> torsion and flex in the front half of the spring.  This would avoid much
> of the roll steer in stock MGBs, as well as eliminating axle tramp from
> spring windup.

As a note, this is how Chrysler set up the leaf springs on their cars in the
sixties for these very reasons.  The launch characteristics are very well
documented :-)

BTW, what happened with the distributor?

------
Bryan Blackwell bryan@mitre.org (703) 883 7329

'65 Corvair, '66 E-type, '69 Road Runner
"Yeah, it's nice, but it needs a little more power"
------