3M adhesive (Was: TR6 interior misc.)

To: ian@Centric.COM
Subject: 3M adhesive (Was: TR6 interior misc.)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 92 11:32:18 pst
> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 92 09:52:38 PST
> From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
> To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
> Subject: TR6 interior misc.
>

> Oh well.  Pulled the foam back off (came off easy) and got some closed-cell
> stuff from Dave's Upholstery in Capitola, glued that on yesterday.  The 3M
> works a lot better if you glue both sides and wait a while to let them tack
> up.  I seem to have a real strong bond now.  Will find out later today when
> I put the covers on.

I have a number of small leather pieces that need to be re-glued to
various panels and frame members on my snake.  Several people have
suggested 3M (Trim?)  cement for this purpose.  The problem is that I've
never been able to find this stuff in anything but spray cans.  There is
no way I would try to spray this stuff in the limited access places
where most of these pieces need re-gluing.  Is this stuff available in a
tube or brush-on container of some kind?  Could I spray it into a paper
cup or something (without losing 90%) and brush it on from said
container?

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282