snakefest- time/place

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: snakefest- time/place
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 15:16:34 pdt
I'm assuming all of the responses to my lunch get-together suggestion
are in so guess it's decision time.  There really wasn't much consensus
on a place.  The last place we met was Burrito Grande and there was one
positive and a couple of negative votes on it.  No one seemed to like
the idea of Pedro's (including myself).  So the suggestions were:

  meet at some park
  Britannia Arms Pub (Sunnyvale, I think)
  Duke of Edinburgh  (Cupertino- my suggestion, though I mistakenly
                      referred to it as the Duke of Wellington.
                      My apologies to every Scot on the planet)
  Toto's             (Santa Clara, near Mission College)
  Tied House         (Mountain View)

While the park idea has some merit (we could kick tires and eat lunch at
the same time), I think most would prefer some place with service so we
don't have to scrounge for a fast food place in unknown territory.  I
liked the idea of a pub.  After all, this is about BRITISH cars.  While
I personally would prefer the White Cockade, it's just too damn far, and
beside, rushing back to work on winding mountain roads after a pint (or
two) probably isn't such a hot idea.

More than one person expressed a preference for a place a bit more north
of Pedro's or Burrito Grande so I've settled on the Britannia Arms.

Originally I had next Wednesday in mind but Bob Spidell sez he won't
have his Healey next week so how about this Friday.  Kinda short notice
so hope it's okay.  If lots of you object, there's still time to change
the date.

Here's my plan: