Plinth?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Plinth?
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 10:03:48 PDT
A plinth is a mounting surface for switches, knobs, etc.  On the 6 it's a
padded affair matching the crash rails, dead center, and is particularly
busy on the '69, having L to R:

        Air distribution control
        Blower switch
        Heat control
        Starter switch
        Cold-start control

It's awkward to pull lean over and pull the choke out and turn the ignition
at the same time since they're the two farthest right controls and you need
both hands for them.

I think I'm going to hook the horn up to the last spring-loaded part of
the ignition switch, and add an ignition switch on the left side of the
car somewhere, so both hands can be used more conveniently to start.

Then if some ner-do-well who hasn't been personally briefed on the car
tried to start it the usual way, it will just honk the horn...

Not like the car is EVER going to be even remotely secure, but I'd feel
slightly better if it weren't totally bloody trivial to steal...

--ian