Re: Help with valve cover gasket!

To: flanery@elric.epm.ornl.gov, sol@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Help with valve cover gasket!
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 92 09:13:06 -0700
Raymond,

There is blue stuff, and there is blue stuff. One is quite good & one is
sort of Okish.  If it is guarrenteed to seal against oil it is the good
stuff (comes in silver tube if memory serves me.  Sorry I do not remember
the number.

Anyway, you draw a bead on your valve cover with the good stuff, let it sit
15-20 minutes on more depending upon weather (read instructions for skinning
over time).  AFTER the RTV has skinned over, sit the valve cover on the head.
Wait another 15-20 minutes then tighten the valve cover.  If you just pour it
on. pop the valve cover on & torque her down, all your blus stuff will squish
out.

Those of you who recently saw my Land Rover...  It has the factory type rubber
gasket & no blue stuff.  The good blue stuff goes on next time I adjust
valves.

TeriAnn
"Life's too short not to drive a Roadster"