Re: SOL Logos - The Continuing Saga

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, uunet!pacdata!dave@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: SOL Logos - The Continuing Saga
From: pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 92 15:27:01 PDT
Dave Ambrose:
>       I'd also be interested in Polo shirts.  Another possibility is
> to get some shop to program the logo into their embroidery machine.
> then they will run the shirts as needed.

This has come up a couple of times, both in regard to shirts and patches.
I wanted to mention that I had dismissed this as a possibility for the
limited number of items we would want to run, since the set up charges
for this would easily run in the $400-600 range, plus the embroidering,
plus the [shirts,decals].

(There is a guy just down the street from us that has a business "Magic
 Needle" who does this kind of thing and I have talked to him on previous
 occasions for pricing info.  The way he works it, he sends your artwork
 to Japan with a bunch of money, they send him back a disk that he puts
 into his embroidery maching, and he sews up your whatever.  Hmmm,  ...
 bad choice of words, I suppose.)

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
UUCP: pwv@tc.fluke.COM  or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv
ARPA: fluke!pwv@uw-beaver.ARPA