Re: TR Windscreen Replacment

To: walker@hprpcd.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR Windscreen Replacment
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 09:02:58 CST
Yes, its a piece of cake, after cutting the old windshield out,
replacing the seal, refinishing the frame, coating rust, etc.
I started the job, used a long phone cable as I didn't have the
right string and soap/silicone as lube, made it most the way,
one cord cut through the rubber, so I just went the other way,
3 inches remaining, 2AM Sunday night, just a little push and...
it cracked right down the middle.

While I was inside paying at the glass place, the car was done,
took them 3 minutes...  Yet another expensive mistake, believe
the cords have to come around together or you stress the glass.

Roger