Re: LBCs On Madison Avenue

To: Captain Caffeine <akgua!att!att-out!wsl.dec.com!sfisher>,
Subject: Re: LBCs On Madison Avenue
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 92 09:25 EST
Speaking of RED MGA's----------------------------
     I called Moss Motors to find out what red they used on the
car on the front of their catalog.  The guy on the phone said
that the restored MGA is a 100 point car and is painted "1972
Pinto red". He advised me to find the redest red I could find
that was as close to the red in the US flag as possible and
to pick out a new color so as to take advantage of the new
technology paints.  Right now I'm leaning toward the red
in the GM color charts which is 1991 "bright red". Corvettes
were painted two different reds and this is the darker. I was
advised not to paint it Porsche Guards Red because it is too
orange. Anyone have any suggestions?

Don Mathis