K&N air filters for SU carbs

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: K&N air filters for SU carbs
From: ez002679@castor.ucdavis.edu
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 91 17:56:29 -0700
Hi.  Well, since I've now got the mini on the road (and ran it at the autocross
practice in San Jose in July -thanks dick Nyquist and TR Travelers), I've given
my TR 4 some overdue attention.
  Air filters for SUs (HS6's) run about 8 bucks each, and require biannual
replacement, so I 've been thinking about washable, hence, reusable filters.  Am
I correct in thinking that K&N is the brand of choice, and is the 35 dollars
each
price from Victoria British reasonable?
If anyone has had good or bad experiences with washable filters, I'd love to
hear
about them.

Thanks a lot, David Lenzi