RE: incorrect title certificate- #2121

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: incorrect title certificate- #2121
From: Jacques Le Clainche <breton48@live.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:02:49 -0600
Marvin wrote:> I don't know about Colorado but I had a similar situation with
ol' 1343. It > had a CA title that said it was a 76 Bricklen. All I had to do
here in UT > was get a VIN verification form and have a policeman come and
look at the VIN > tag and sign the form. They even came to my house since my
Bricklin wasn't > driveable yet.Thanks to all who replied. Seems UT is a lot
easier on registering vehicles than either CA or CO. Even though I have a VIN
verification form (signed by a CO certified inspector) and the original bill
of sale showing how easily the mistake was made by the CA DMV employee (the
last digit "1" is on a vertical line separating text boxes on the bill),
neither CO or CA authorities will accept that. My Bricklin is also a two owner
car - my father in law bought it new in Texas back in 1975, and I took it over
last year, so it's not like there is any doubt about its history!

I will contact the CA DMV on Monday again, in the hope they will correct the
mistake without insisting on me driving from CO to a local CA DMV office.

JLC

JLC