Re: Battery

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 20:21:41 -0400
At 05:56 PM 4/1/01 EDT, Marvin wrote:

>Also, what battery should I use?  I'm thinking about 1000 amps because of
the
>cable length.  As for size, from measuring the compartment, it looks like
the
>size that would fit is about 10 in. long, 6 in. deep, and 8 in. high.

Marvin,

   I went with a 900 old cranking amp. battery from Autozone.  It is a
34DT-DGN about 10" w by 7 1/2" H by 7" d.  I think it was about $69.  It
is also the top post.  I strongly recommend getting the top posts and
converting the connectors.  I personally can't stand the side mounts.
The top mounts make it soooooo easy to disconnect the battery when you
are working on the car.  My friend's but the side mount in his 74 and it
is a real pain in the a$$ to disconnect.

  Only drawback to the top mount is you will loose points if you plan on
showing the car.  For me - I'd rather have the ease and loose the points.

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

///
///