More on heat shields

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: More on heat shields
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 18:35:15 -0500
I received an email from DW Corporate <davewolin@earthlink.net> suggesting
that I check out at site:

   "You may find Baker Precision - www.bakerprecision.com - useful also.
    They have just about everything necessary for car construction."

I did, and they have the following insulation:

 Heavy Weight Aluminized Glass Cloth

 40" wide aluminized heat barrier, .60 thick, of stranded fibreglass with a
 flexible aluminized finish. The highly reflective surface of the material
 is capable of withstanding radiant temperatures in excess of 2000°F with a
 maximum continuous temperature of 340 deg. F. In applications for retaining
 heat, such as manifolds and exhaust systems the fabric side of the material
 should be facing the heat source. It can be installed using standard rivets
 with a backup washer or weather strip adhesive. The use of clamps or straps
 can be used to hold the blanket in place for manifolds or exhaust systems.

 $20.00 per lineal foot

Since this stuff is 40" wide I think it will cover the xmission tunnel and
the exhaust pipes pretty well.  Then we'll need about 3 to 5 feet.  That
makes it pretty expensive, about $100 plus adhesive.

Don't know if I want to spend that much money though.  I've been trying to
save my pennies to get the air door system.  Had just about enough money,
then put an exhaust system in.  Then ordered about $200 worth of parts from
Terry.  So, I'm back pinching pennies again.

The delima is that since the body is NOT attached to the chassis yet, this
is THE PERFECT TIME to do the job.  Decissions, Decissions......

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org