power steeriong pump

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: power steeriong pump
From: jeff wynn <jwynn@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:55:54 -0400
Re: '75 Bricklin
Power steering pump is installed- what fun!  If anyone is interested
the new NAPA number is 20-6049 ( ask for rear mount, there is a front
mount one also with the difference being the number of tapped holes for
mounting.  The price was $66 with trade.
    Now it's door time.  I had a phone conversation with Tanner, and
he says the electric comp. he has will do the job.  I have a new
vacuum pump and was thinking of using it and the electric.  This
setup requires the use of a tee and check valve.  Terry says keep it
simple and just use the electric to minimize potential leak areas.
Is it worth the use of 2 pumps ( vacuum and electric) for lots of air?
I know nothing of normal operation reguarding door cycles per tank of
air so I have nothing to compare.  Anyone care to comment?
                           Thanks- Jeff Wynn  VIN 2157