Re: Bricklin Help

To: GodlyKrew@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin Help
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:35:19 -0400
At 01:38 AM 7/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I really want to buy a bricklin, but dont have the cash to purchase one.
>is there any way I can finance a Bricklin through a finance company or
>soemething?  I'm 20 years old and live with my mom in an apartment in
>Costa Mesa CA.  I have NO credit, but am working on getting a secured
>credit card......

Riley,

   The easiest way to get try to get a car loan is to talk to a bank that
you've been doing business with.  If you parents are able they can co-sign
for you.

   I'm not sure how much a bank will lend you for a Brick as it is rather
old.  However, several institutions are starting to lend money for older
"collectable" cars even if they are to be used as drivers.  You will need
to check with you bank.

   The only other option, is to get a signature loan (possibly with a
payroll deduction right to the bank).  These types of loans don't care what
you are purchasing.

   However, I think the best bet, is to talk to your parents if they are
around and financially able to help you float the loan.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire