RE: Electric Fans and Oil Coolers

To: "'Bricklin@autox.team.net'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electric Fans and Oil Coolers
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:05:13 -0400
I have a '75 Brick that I abmit I don't drive too much here in CT. I
replaced
the radiator with one from a '68 Ford truck; that's what the radiator shop
came
up with when they tried to match the original radiator I removed and
brought
in. I flushed the block, replaced the thermostat and now the car never goes
over 180?.

Of course, it could be because alot of the heat is going into the cockpit

Ron Auger
[Olenick, Jamison]

Ron,
   Did a 1968 ford truck radiatior really fit in the 75 Bricklin? With an
auto trans with the trans cooler lines?
   I needed a new radiator but the radiator appeared to be out of and AMC
(so said the local radiator shop that i took it to) I am not sure what kind
of car i ended up buying the radiator for but it was an AMC.  I am not
completely happy with the radiator because it had the inlet a little closer
to the center of the car and thus i could not use the fan and the shroud
(also because i paid alot for it).  Right now i have a flex fan on the car
but i had to cut that down too so that it would clear the upper radiator
hose.
   If the stock fan shroud and fan fit on the 68 for truck radiator i may
go out and buy one.

                                                Jamie

ps: I notice that there is no listing for a radiator on the parts cross
reference
      Any particular reason.