[Bmcu] Torrey Tour

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] Torrey Tour
From: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 17:16:55 -0600
 Jill and I left Torrey at 0800 this morning and stopped in Salina for one of
Mom's Cafe's incredible scones.  It was worth the wait for breakfast.  We then
continued up US 89 to US 6 and then to Spanish Fork.  It was now around 1130
and the traffic was building quickly.  We decided to take the non-Interstate
route back to SLC.  The traffic was much lighter and we didn't have the 20 mph
closing rates of the trucks with trailers, or trucks with ATV's, or semi's
weaving through traffic, etc.

We arrived home at 1430 after stopping at our favorite frozen yogurt shop for
a big dish of that tasty treat.

Jill and I had a fantastic weekend with everyone, touring Torrey, Capitol Reef
NP, and the surrounding area.  If you have never been to that part of our
state, you owe it to yourself to see the incredible rock formations that are
constantly changing color with the movement of the Sun.  This was our first
"long" run with BMCU and we had a blast.  It was over much too soon,  and I
think we all had to come home to rest up.

Our Sunbeam Alpine ran like a top even though we weren't the fastest of the
Tour Group.  I believe that even though the group had some problems: flat
tires, too rich carbs, foot getting run over, being the rowdy ones at the
motel predominately filled with motorcyclists and being asked to quiet down,
wrong turns, etc. we all had a great time on the  BMCU Torrey Tour.

Roger & Jill Davis
Bmcu@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive