Re: [Bmcu] MG-TD Carb

To: "bobbyv" <bobbyv52@wirelessbeehive.com>, "bmcu"
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] MG-TD Carb
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:29:25 -0600
Bobby,

Sounds like the poor running may be due to some globules of water in the
bottom of the float bowls on your carburetors.  Water would cause a miss
as well as dieing around corners.  If there is water in the float bowls
it needs to be removed and may recur if more water is in the fuel tank.
As to the damper problem, all the parts, broken or otherwise, should be
there.  There is no place for them to go.  Is there any chance the brass
piston and/or missing c-clip are still stick in oil down inside the
piston shaft you keep oil in when the carburetor is all together on the
car?  I don't recognize the snap-button you describe but it sounds like
maybe it is supposed to hold the washer and brass piston on the shaft of
the damper and doesn't do so very well.  The correct c-clip or more
expensively a new damper would likely work.

Jon Hermance  TC TD TF SLC UT