[Bmcu] MG-TD Carb

To: "bmcu" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] MG-TD Carb
From: "bobbyv" <bobbyv52@wirelessbeehive.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 08:56:39 -0600
Having some problems keeping the car running smoothly.  Starts up - take in
for a spin, then it starts sputtering, dies around corners and seems like it
is starving for fuel as I make it back home?  Runs fine for awhile.  Cleaned
all the filters, pump is fine.  Took a look at the jets, in which I found that
one of the damper's that when removed, you put oil in the chamber assembly was
missing the bottom
C-clip.  I took the chamber assembly off, drained the oil, turned it upside
down, tapped it of table until the washer and other piece came out.  Could not
find the c-clip?  Where did it go? Took the other one apart, the damper is
complete with the c-clip.  But when I tapped it on table, a small button?
brass, with four little holes around it.  It looks like a snap button??  The
other chamber did not have one?  Could this have been the problem?  Is the car
supposed to this small item?  Should I replace both dampers?  Help?