[BMCU] Reminder: Antelope Island Run next Sat. 5/5

To: BMCU Membership <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [BMCU] Reminder: Antelope Island Run next Sat. 5/5
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:01:53 -0600
Antelope Island Run
May 5

It is time again for our annual trip out to where the brine flies live;
yes you guessed it Antelope Island. The cruise date is Saturday May 5th
and since this is my first job as tour guide we will mix it up a bit
this year.

The drivers who live south should meet at the northeast parking lot
behind the capital building at 9:30 for a 10:00 departure. We will then
head up Beck street and instead of getting on the freeway heading north,
we will take Hwy 89 through Bountiful and up into Farmington, we will
then take Hwy 107 or Main street north past Lagoon up to Kaysville
staying on Main Street, then up to Layton to Antelope Drive where we
will turn West on Antelope Dr by the Kmart and meet at the first small
stripe mall west of Main on the North side of the street. It is about 20
miles up and should only take 45 minutes or so.

For those in parts north the rendezvous will be at said strip mall at
about 10:30 for an expected departure of 11:00.

We then head out to the Island. The cost per vehicle is $9.00. We will
take in the sights and head out to where the buffalo play and have lunch
at the old farm on the east side of the island. Bring a lunch and drink
and put on your rhino packages (bumper reinforcements with off road
lights, head light protectors and role cage if desired and any other
paraphernalia) for the unexpected large wild life that lives on the Island.

Entertainment will be provided by Mary Scoggins. Bone up on your
Antelope Island facts as there will be a quiz with prizes. Any questions
email me at stradi@xmission.com. See you on Saturday the 5th.

-- Michael Scoggins