Re: Lapping Days at Spring Mtn Raceway - March 25th & 26th

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lapping Days at Spring Mtn Raceway - March 25th & 26th
From: "Hegg" <hegg@unabled.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:27:42 -0700
For someone new to "track days", how's it all work, what happens there, and
is it a ton of fun?

I'd like to go to a few once the Miller Motorsports Park opens, but I really
don't know what to expect.  Are there "groups" that have the track scheduled
(like the BMCU, or "vintage racers", or "BMW day", or something), or is it
pretty much a free-for-all?

Do you have qualifying "races"?  Are the drivers really serious and/or
professional, or is it more of a "who cares how fast you are, just have fun"
type of atmosphere?

Are entry fees typically in the $200 - $300 range?  Are there prizes, or
only if the sponsoring groups chooses to?  Do you spend a lot of time
waiting around to have a turn at driving, or is there a lot of action?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've never participated as a driver or
spectator in something like this, so I just wondered how it all worked out.

Thanks!