Fw: assistance finding local companies

To: "autocross list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: assistance finding local companies
From: "Sherry Grantz" <scca@thunderhill.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:39:03 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Mickey Makay
To: office@sfrscca.org
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:47 PM
Subject: assistance finding local companies

Hello,

I'm an avid SCCA member, Solo racer, and general car guy that recently went
back to school for a Mechanical Engineering degree.  As part of my degree
program I got involved in Formula SAE, and was this year's Suspension lead and
overall technical guru at the University of Kansas.

To keep the story short; my wife took a job in Sunnyvale, so I need to find
work out there!  Can somebody in your local chapter point me to any race
teams, chassis builders, tuners, etc. in the area that might hire an engineer
with lots of practical experience, but fresh out of school?  (I wouldn't turn
down any engineering position....)

I know this is a long shot, but sometimes it's the oddball networking that
finds you a great job.  I'm attaching my resume just in case.  Feel free to
forward it to anybody and everybody.  I appreciate any help you can offer.  If
I don't hear from you, I'll see you soon at the Solo events!

Thanks,
Mickey Makay

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
makay_resume.pdf]