Re: Need tire recommendation

To: "Chris Kolstad \(ckolstad\)" <ckolstad@cisco.com>,
Subject: Re: Need tire recommendation
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:46:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Chris Kolstad (ckolstad)" <ckolstad@cisco.com>
wrote:

> I will be doing the 24 Hours of LeMons in May and we
> have to use tires
> with at least a wear rating of 190.  Anybody have
> any recommendations?

I would think Kumho MX, which likes a lot of heat (by
auto-x standards) and has a 220 rating.  Maybe Dunlop
Direzaza Z-1, which is a 220, but its properties are
unknown.

I saw Falken 615s on some cars at the Oct. Altamont
race, but they are known to get greasy over 120
degrees or so...

Bridgestone Re-01Rs would be my choice if they had the
190 rating...

Charlie

Be a better friend, newshound, and