Re: Need tire recommendation

To: "Chris Kolstad (ckolstad)" <ckolstad@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Need tire recommendation
From: "Viet-Tam Luu" <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:30:31 -0700
We ran Hankook RS2-Z212s on our Miata (finished 7th and 5th in last
year's Altamont races); they've a treadwear rating of 200. We chose
them over the Falken RT615s presuming they would behave more
consistently over a wide temperature range. They held up great.
Barring punctures and such, we probably could have run the full race
distance one on set of tires. Then again a Miata is very easy on
tires, so it depends on the weight and handling characteristics of
your car.