car storage

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: car storage
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:03:00 -0700
Rob,
Check out http://www.buyclassiccars.com/storagetips.asp for 10 top tips, or
any other search engine results on car storage.  Lots of good stuff,
especially starting with a very full tank to minimize the condensation that
will collect, and doing an oil change immediately preceding.

For the time period you mention, I'd agree with the recommended Sta Bil
stuff for the gas, even if it is driven during that period.  The site I
noted suggests a monthly drive to keep seals and bearings lubricated.  If
the car has A/C that should also be run once a month to distribute oil and
wet the seals.  Lots of short starts will just gather condensation.  If the
car has no drains of current then a month may be adequate.  A Battery Tender
is great though, it's a smart trickle charger that won't run the battery
dry..
Have a good trip!        Paul