Re: Wheel centerbore wire question

To: eljssp8@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel centerbore wire question
From: 4D Sport <barry.chafin@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:37:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Eric,

  The wire is designed to keep the hub centric ring in place when off vehicle
(convenience).  If you need one give me a call and stop by.  I've got extras.

  Barry

eljssp8@aol.com wrote:
  Hi:

I have the SSR Competition wheels. While changing tires, I noticed at the outer
edge of the centerbore, there is this thin wire shaped like a circle that is
clipped right at the edge. This thin wire would be right up against the hub
once the wheel is put on the car.

What is the function of this wire? I notice that I have one wheel without this
wire, how critical is it that I get it replaced?

TIA,
Eric Cheung