Re: New Street Prepared Street Tire Class

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Subject: Re: New Street Prepared Street Tire Class
From: 4D Sport <barry.chafin@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:03:44 -0800 (PST)
I can't recall, do we intend to have a Ladies varient such as T-1L/BS and
T-2/BSP?  I've tried to access the SC Meeting minutes on-line but nothing opens
past 8/16/05.

  Thanks,

  Barry - http://www.4d-sport.com/images/900_Flat_8_Out_2.jpg

"John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net> wrote:
  On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:21:48PM -0800, james creasy wrote:
> having been in a large class (18+) i really enjoyed the competition with
> many people, and seeing how i was climbing from the bottom to the top.
> i also have an empty feeling contemplating having 1 car classes, which
> we do mirroring every national class, a novice class for each of these,
> and a street tire class for each of the national classes again.

See what happens when you don't go to the meetings? The Stock street
tire classes have been grouped back together, and the ST/SM street
tire classes have been re-established as a 2nd indexed class.

But here's an idea for you James, how about a "run group cup" where
there is a points race among all the competitors in each run group?
That gives you large "class" sizes, consistent conditions for everyone
in each class, generally similar cars are in the same run group, and
people can hang out and BS about it on grid while they're waiting to
run.

--

john@idsfa.net John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/ HMC Physics '94