Re: New Street Prepared Street Tire Class

To: Raza Uddin <raza.uddin@Gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Street Prepared Street Tire Class
From: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:21:48 -0800
i am considering offering an alternate classing system specifically to
address your interest- fewer, larger classes.  i did this a couple of
years ago (called the True Street Series) and we even had our own custom
trophies featuring laser engraved pictures of the champion cars.

having been in a large class (18+) i really enjoyed the competition with
many people, and seeing how i was climbing from the bottom to the top.
i also have an empty feeling contemplating having 1 car classes, which
we do mirroring every national class, a novice class for each of these,
and a street tire class for each of the national classes again.

my proposal is to group several classes together, and you compete within
that group based on your PAX times.  so you might compete in BSP street
tire with three or four other street tire classes.  this is easy for me
to do through automated post processing the scca results- its just a
different way of combining the groups.   i can post a webpage with the
ongoing results for each week just like the official scca results.  the
True Street Series was limited to certain types of cars, but my current
proposal will include every car.

ive already discussed this with several other people.   please write if
you are interested and we will make it happen!  thanks,

james
OSP - Our Special People