RE: Thank you all for orchestrating a smooth slush event!

To: "Thana, Peter" <peter.thana@roche.com>
Subject: RE: Thank you all for orchestrating a smooth slush event!
From: "Glenn Ellingson" <geewiz@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:09:58 -0800 (PST)
I think Sunday's course was a lot of fun (and I say this despite hitting
at least 6 cones in my 6 runs, and that in a narrow car). Certainly
considering the delays getting in to set it up it was an amazing job done
by Ben & the setup crew.

It looked very slow when I walked the course but when I drove it this
course was a LOT of fun. It was't all that slow -- I was on my rev limiter
in 2nd (I do have a low 2nd gear). And some tight stuff keeps us on our
toes! I really liked the increasing-spacing slalom and the mix of
transitions going out.

The only thing that I might say could have been improved (and with normal
setup time probably would have been) was that the sight lines were a bit
confusing at times. For example:

1. The lane change on the way out could have used a couple cones to
visually block off the option of driving straight through ;).

2. When the optional slalom was made non-optional it would have been nice
to add pointers to every slalom cone rather than just to the first one.
The latter is valid but less obvious and doesn't seem to gain anything
(?).

3. Sometimes the placement of pointer cones was inconsistent; for example
a move left would have a laydown on the first relevant cone but the next
move back right would not have a laydown on the corresponding cone.

These were very small details, but they may have contributed to some of
the DNFs.

-- Glenn