RE: Thank you all for orchestrating a smooth slush event!

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>, <Memidland@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Thank you all for orchestrating a smooth slush event!
From: "Thana, Peter" <peter.thana@roche.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:04:43 -0800
I usually like Ben's courses a lot.  To me though, a good course should
flow well, and be challenging but not punitive.  On a good course the
frequency of people coning and DNF'ing should not be too low, or too
high.  On Sunday's course, it was too high for whatever reason.  I
didn't cone any of my runs so I'm not personally complaining, but when I
worked the trailer it was chaos in there- so many cones and DNFs.  Lots
of people DNF'ing 2 or 3 runs also, which is something to be avoided.

Personally I thought the course started out nice but there were too many
elements near the end and some of them didn't flow well.  Overall it was
a fun event though, and Ben is still one of the best course designers.

Peter