Re: how does the V710 fare at GGF?

To: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Subject: Re: how does the V710 fare at GGF?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:19:24 -0700
On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:00:50PM -0700, james creasy wrote:
> wondering if they get cut up.  also, are they as fast as the ecsta V700
> there?  i was surprised that some cars were fast on the 710s on that
> pebbly surface.

The V710s and the later Hoosiers do surprisingly well at GGF, despite
their lack of tread.  They probably get a little more chewed up at GGF
than other sites, but really no more than any other tire.

I would say that they are at least the equal of full-tread Victoracers
at GGF.  I remember the event where I showed up with my brand-new
Victoracers and ran against Glenn and Ruben who had used V710s.
Before the runs, I was smug.  After the runs, I was frustrated at my
inability to capitalize on my "advantage".

I've never liked the ECSTAs at GGF.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94