Re: How much faster are racing slicks?

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: How much faster are racing slicks?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:35:37 -0700
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 03:02:04PM -0700, Pat Kelly wrote:
> There's still a difference. Race slicks are not legal for use on public
> roads, R tires are, unless something's gone really off the charts.
> --Pat K

Understood -- Rich was comparing true racing slicks (not street legal)
to the latest Kumho and Hoosier DOT competition tires (street legal).

Although the new Hoosier and Kumho DOT competition radial tires do
resemble slicks, I never refer to them as slicks.  The tire shop guys
do, though!

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94